Mini Corn Dogs with Dipping Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer or club soda
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (14 ounce) package little smoked sausages, wiped dry
- 36 (4-inch) bamboo skewers or wooden craft sticks, optional
- In small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients and 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups Bountiful Beer Bread Mix®, beer and remaining 2 teaspoons Seasoned Salt. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour enough oil into a Dutch oven or large saucepan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat oil over medium-high heat until oil reaches 375°F on a deep-fry thermometer.
- In batches, dust sausages in remaining ½ cup Bountiful Beer Bread Mix and then dip in batter and carefully place in hot oil. Fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining sausages. Push skewers into corn dogs, if desired. Serve with dipping sauce.
Makes about 36 mini corn dogs.
Make Ahead: Prepare steps 2, 3 and 4. Cool. Transfer to a gallon resealable freezer bag. Freeze up to 1 month ahead. Bake from frozen at 375°F for 12-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F with an instant-read thermometer. Prepare step 1 when ready to serve and push skewers into reheated corn dogs, if desired.