Mini Beef Tostadas Recipe
A baked open-faced mini taco topped with refried beans, Mom's taco meat, cheese and desired toppings.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 18 (4-inch) mini or 12 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Toppings such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, diced avocado or guacamole
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes; drain off liquid. Add water and 2½ tablespoons Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, combine refried beans and 1½ teaspoons Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Cover and microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortillas on 1-2 large baking sheets. Bake 5 minutes, turn over and bake 4 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn over again and spread with beans; top with taco meat and cheese. Continue baking 4-5 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine sour cream and remaining 1 tablespoon Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Top tostadas with desired toppings and seasoned sour cream.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with chips and salsa.
Wine Pairing: Pinot GrigioNutrition per Serving: (does not include optional toppings) Calories: 570 Total Fat: 29g Sat. Fat: 15g Cholest: 115mg Sodium: 900mg Carbs: 42g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 2g Protein: 29g
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSfollower4life from Taco ‘bout a family hit! This dish was so delicious and very easy. It was a hit with my entire family!
Date published: 2020-12-30