Mexican Chicken Rice Bake
Mexican Chicken Rice Bake Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 poblano chile pepper, chopped
- 4 cups cooked and cooled long-grain white rice (about 1⅓ cups uncooked)
- 1 (15 ounce) can no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 cup frozen or canned whole kernel corn
- 1 cup unsalted chicken broth or water
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, peppers and Onion Onion Seasoning. Sauté until chicken is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased freezer to oven-safe 13x9-inch baking dish. Add prepared rice, beans, tomatoes, corn, broth and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning; stir to combined. Cool completely.
- Top with cheese. Cover with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Seal well, label and freeze.
- To bake from frozen, preheat oven to 375°F. Remove foil and plastic wrap; replace foil. Bake 1 hour. Remove foil and continue baking 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.
No Freeze Option: Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare through step 2. Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 480 Total Fat: 14g Sat. Fat: 7g Cholest: 115mg Sodium: 780mg Carbs: 47g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g Protein: 39g