Mexican Chicken Empanadas Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped poblano chile pepper
- 1 cup prepared Magic Taco Chicken, thawed, if frozen, diced (recipe link in directions)
- ½ cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16.3 ounce) tube refrigerated southern homestyle jumbo biscuits
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3-4 tablesoons milk
This recipe uses Magic Taco Chicken. Get the recipe »
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers; sauté 3-4 minutes. Stir in Magic Taco Chicken, corn and black beans. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Separate each biscuit into 2 biscuits. Gently stretch and pull into a 3-inch circles. Divide meat mixture among biscuits, placing in the center; top with cheese. Stretch and fold biscuit over and seal edges with a fork, creating a half moon.
- Place on a greased large rimmed baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine sour cream and Magic Chicken Taco Seasoning Blend; mix in milk to desired consistency. Serve with empanadas for dipping.
Makes 6 servings.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 2. Place in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Seal well, label and freeze. Continue with step 3. Add 2-3 minutes to time if baking from frozen.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 540 Total Fat: 31g Sat. Fat: 15g Cholest: 90mg Sodium: 1,420mg Carbs: 43g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 10g Protein: 22g