Mediterranean Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large red, yellow and/or green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 small red onion, cubed
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 12 skewers, if wooden, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Pita bread, sliced tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, optional
- In a gallon freezer bag, combine first 2 ingredients, 1 tablespoon Garlic Garlic Seasoning, 1 tablespoon Spinach & Herb Seasoning and Citrus Herb Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Add chicken, peppers and onions. Seal well; toss to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- To make tzatziki sauce, in small storage container, combine yogurt, cucumbers, remaining 1½ teaspoons Garlic Garlic Seasoning and remaining 1½ teaspoons Spinach & Herb Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Remove chicken, onions and peppers from marinade and thread on skewers in desired pattern. Discard bag with marinade. Place skewers on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve skewers with tzatziki sauce and optional pita bread, tomatoes and feta cheese, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a Greek salad.
Alternative Stovetop Directions: In large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté chicken, peppers and onions until chicken is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.Nutrition per Serving: (does not include optional ingredients) Calories: 240 Total Fat: 10g Sat. Fat: 1.5g Cholest: 85mg Sodium: 340mg Carbs: 8g Fiber: <1g Sugar: 5g Protein: 29g