Meatballs in Spaghetti Nests Recipe
These fun little spaghetti nests are easy to make and taste delicious
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1½ pounds ground meatloaf mixture (beef, pork)
- ½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In large bowl, combine meatloaf mixture, bread crumbs, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, Onion Onion Seasoning and Seasoned Salt. Form into 18 (2-inch) meatballs. Place on a greased large rimmed baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, combined cooked pasta, 1 egg, and remaining ½ cup Parmesan cheese; salt and pepper as desired. Toss until well coated. Divide among 1 (12-count) greased muffin pan. Form noodles up sides of wells to create nests. Bake 12-15 minutes; remove from oven.
- In small bowl, combine crushed tomatoes and Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix; place 1 tablespoon sauce in each nest. Dunk 12 meatballs in sauce and place in nests. Top with mozzarella cheese. Continue baking 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare pasta; toss with 1 tablespoon oil and place in gallon freezer bag. Prepare step 2 and let cool; place in a gallon freezer bag. Prepare step 4 pesto sauce. Place in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Preheat oven to 400°F and continue with step 3.
For remix Meatball Hoagies recipe: Place remaining 6 meatballs and ¾ cup pesto sauce in separate storage containers. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Blj11270 from Awesome! Love trying all the new recipes! Meatballs were pretty tasty.
Date published: 2018-04-16