Mango Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- 1½ pounds (51-60 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups tri-colored coleslaw mix (without dressing)
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 small fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- 10-12 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Crumbled Mexican Cotija cheese or shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In medium bowl, combine first 3 ingredients; salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine next 4 ingredients with Vidalia® Onion Dressing and 3 tablespoons Mango Lime Sauce. Salt and pepper as desired. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; sautè until cooked through and opaque in color, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons Mango Lime Sauce.
- Serve shrimp in warmed tortillas topped with mango-avocado coleslaw and cheese, if desired.
Makes 6 servings. Serve with chips and salsa.
Tip: Substitute chopped uncooked chicken breasts for shrimp, if desired.
Make ahead and freeze: Combine step 1 in a gallon freezer bag. Combine Vidalia® Onion Dressing and Mango Lime Sauce from step 2 in a quart freezer bag. Place remaining Mango Lime Sauce in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.