Mama's Creamy Chicken Penne Bake Recipe
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh baby bella mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) jar four cheese Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- ¾ cup plain panko bread crumbs, optional
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, optional
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, cooking 1 minute less than al dente. Rinse with cold water and drain well. Place in a greased freezer to oven-safe 13x9-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add next 4 ingredients. Sauté until chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in spinach; remove from heat and let spinach wilt. Cool; add to pasta.
- In medium bowl, combine Alfredo, undrained tomatoes and Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix. Add to pasta; toss to coat. If desired, in small bowl, combine remaining 3 ingredients; sprinkle over pasta.
- Cover with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil. Seal well, label and freeze.
- To bake from frozen, preheat oven to 400°F. Remove foil and plastic; loosely replace foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant read food thermometer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings
Serve with a green salad
No Freeze Option: Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare through step 3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Nutrition per Serving: (does not include optional ingredients) Calories: 420 Total Fat: 9g Sat. Fat: 3g Cholest: 75mg Sodium: 1,130mg Carbs: 57g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g Protein: 28g