Mama Mia Penne with Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 1½ pounds lean ground turkey
- ½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato purée
- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- Slow Cooker
- In large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix. Form into 18 large meatballs.
- In a 6-quart or larger multi-cooker set to Sear/Sauté on HIGH, heat oil. Add meatballs and sear on all sides.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients and remaining 4 tablespoons Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix. Set multi-cooker to Pressure Cooker on HIGH for 6 minutes.
- When pasta is done, allow a 3 minute natural release, then continue with a quick release of pressure. Stir. Let stand until desired consistency is reached.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad and garlic bread.
Wine Pairing: Merlot
Slow Cooker Option: Following directions above, sear meatballs in a skillet. Assemble in a 5-quart or larger slow cooker. Cook on HIGH 2-3 hours.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Place meatballs in a gallon freezer bag between sheets of wax paper. Place remaining 4 tablespoons Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix in a quart freezer bag. Add to bag with meatballs. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 570 Total Fat: 21g Sat. Fat: 6g Cholest: 125mg Sodium: 780mg Carbs: 58g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 11g Protein: 34g