Make & Freeze Chicken Recipe
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
- 2 cups water or no/low sodium chicken broth
- Slow Cooker
- In a 5-quart or larger slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cook on LOW 5-7 hours or until internal temperature reaches a minimum of 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer and shreds easily.
- Chop or shred chicken; let cool. Place about 2 cups chicken into 4 (1-quart) freezer bags. Seal well, label and freeze.
Makes about 8 cups.
Serving Suggestion: Use prepared chicken for casseroles, stir in any of our sauces for a pulled-chicken sandwich, top salads, add taco seasoning for chicken tacos, the ideas are endless.
Electric Pressure Cooker Directions: Prepare step 1 in 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker. Cook 15 minutes on pressure cooker setting. Let stand 10 minutes before releasing pressure. Continue with step 3. *Always follow manufacturers directions for proper use for your specific electric pressure cooker.
Tip: Strain juices and pour over chicken, if desired.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 140 Total Fat: 4g Sat. Fat: 1g Cholest: 95mg Sodium: 190mg Carbs: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 24g