Make-Ahead Lunchtime Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs, cubed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen California vegetable blend
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and salt; sauté 4-5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except frozen vegetables. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide frozen vegetables among 4 storage containers. Add soup. Refrigerate.
- To serve, heat in microwave or on stovetop until hot.
Makes 4 servings.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 270 Total Fat: 7g Sat. Fat: 1g Cholest: 95mg Sodium: 1,090mg Carbs: 16g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 8g Protein: 30g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.