Mai Tai Cupcakes Recipe
- 12 paper muffin liners
- 1 cup pineapple-orange juice
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons spiced or coconut rum
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Maraschino cherries, paper umbrellas, and/or fruit wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 1 (12-count) muffin pan with paper liners. Prepare Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix according to package directions, using pineapple-orange juice in place of water and ¾ cup melted butter. Divide batter evenly among wells of muffin pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine rum, brown sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. Poke tops of warm cupcakes repeatedly with a fork. Brush generously with rum glaze; repeat. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and Mai Tai Cheese Ball Mix; vigorously beat until fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread or pipe onto cupcakes. Garnish with maraschino cherries, paper umbrellas and/or fruit wedges (e.g., lime, orange or pineapple). Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 12 servings.