Magic Taco Chicken - Dinner Mixer Version Recipe
- 2½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half if large
- 2½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs*
- 2-4 cups no sodium or low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 7 (1-quart) resealable freezer bags
- 2 (1-gallon) resealable freezer bags
- Slow Cooker
- In 5-quart or larger slow cooker, place half the chicken breasts in the bottom; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Layer half the chicken thighs; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Repeat layers. Pour 2 cups chicken broth over top.
- Cook on LOW 8-10 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred; set aside. Due to differences in slow cookers, measure sauce; add enough additional chicken broth to make 5 cups of sauce. Allow chicken and slow cooker sauce to cool.
- Package chicken according to these directions.
- Completely thaw corresponding bag of chicken for desired recipe and follow recipe directions.
Electric Pressure Cooker Directions: Prepare step 1 in 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker. Cook 17 minutes on pressure cooker setting. Let stand 10 minutes before releasing pressure. Release pressure. Continue with step 3. (Always follow manufacturer's directions for proper use for your specific electric pressure cooker.)
Note: We highly recommend using both breasts and thighs for best recipe results; however chicken breasts can be substituted for the thighs, if desired. Reduce cook time to 7 hours.