Lemon Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 large eggs
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In large bowl, combine Sunny Lemon™ Pound Cake & Icing Mix packet 1, ½ cup butter and eggs; mix until well combined and dough is formed. Form into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on a greased, large baking sheet. Bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Let cool on pan 1 minute; remove to cooling rack.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ½ cup butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and Sunny Lemon Pound Cake & Icing Mix packet 2. Using an electric mixer, beat until creamy. With mixer running, slowly add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Spread cookies with frosting.
Makes 28 cookies.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 1. Place between sheets of Press ‘n Seal® plastic, sealing around each dough ball. Place sheets of dough in a gallon freezer bag with packet 2 icing mix. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 150 Total Fat: 7g Sat. Fat: 4g Cholest: 40mg Sodium: 180mg Carbs: 19g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 13g Protein: 2g