Kale, Bacon and Egg Salad Recipe
Kale trend? Alive and delicious! This kale salad combined with poached eggs is an impressive, easy-to-prepare meal.
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 cups chopped Lacinato kale or curly kale (about 2 bunches with stems removed)
- ½ pound thick-sliced bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, bring 2 inches of water and vinegar to a gentle simmer. Break 1 egg into a small dish. Carefully transfer into simmering water. Add up to 3 more eggs, leaving plenty of room in the water.
- Simmer eggs 2-3 minutes or until whites are just set; do not overcook. Remove from water with a slotted spoon. Transfer into a large storage container filled with cold water. Poach remaining eggs.
- In pint mason jar or small storage container, combine next 4 ingredients; shake to combine. Salt and pepper as desired. Refrigerate eggs and dressing up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, toss kale with dressing, bacon and tomatoes. Let stand 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, in large saucepan or Dutch oven, bring 2 inches of water to a gentle simmer. Add all eggs; simmer 1 minute. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on clean paper towels.
- Divide salad among plates and serve topped with poached eggs and Parmesan cheese.
Makes 12 servings.