Jalapeño, Tomato & Bacon Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1-2 medium fresh jalapeño peppers, sliced into rings, seeded
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 4-6 cooked bacon slices
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or softened butter
This recipe uses Smoked Cheddar & Jalapeño Cheese Ball Mix Prep.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add jalapeño slices to skillet in a single layer. When browned, turn over and continue cooking until browned or desired doneness. Remove from skillet; whip out skillet.
- Spread inside of all 4 bread slices with softened Smoked Cheddar & Jalapeño Cheese Ball. Divide shredded cheese among all 4 slices. Top with jalapeño slices, tomato and bacon. Cafefully put sandwiches together.
- Place skillet back over medium-low heat. Spread outside of sandwiches with mayonnaise. Place in skillet; cover. Cook until golden brown. Carefully turn over; cover and continue cooking until golden brown and cheese is melted and gooey.
Makes 2 servings.
Did You Know: Mayonnaise is a chef's secret to crispy golden bread on grilled cheese sandwiches.