Jalapeño Cheeseburger Skillet Recipe
Beef and macaroni simmered in a cheesy Smoked Cheddar & Jalapeño Cheese Ball Mix sauce.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2½ cups 2% milk, warmed
- 1¼ cups hot water
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, combine ground beef and Onion Onion Seasoning. Cook and crumble until cooked through and no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes; drain off liquid.
- Add tomato sauce and Smoked Cheddar & Jalapeño Cheese Ball Mix; stir until mix is dissolved into sauce. Stir in macaroni, milk and water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 13-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Serve immediately. Sauce will continue to thicken upon standing.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad and bread sticks.
Wine Pairing: Rioja
Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 660 Total Fat: 26g Sat. Fat: 14g Cholest: 100mg Sodium: 950mg Carbs: 55g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 11g Protein: 34g