Italian Pesto Beef Stew Recipe
- 1½ pounds beef stew meat, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1½ pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots, cut in half, if large
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour, arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In 6-quart or larger oven-proof Dutch oven or saucepan with cover, heat Avocado Oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; sear until browned on all sides.
- Add onions and Garlic Garlic Seasoning to pan; sauté until onions are softened. Add broth, tomato sauce, potatoes, carrots and Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and place in oven. Cook 2-3 hours or until beef and veggies are fork tender. Remove from oven. In small bowl, whisk together tapioca flour and water. Stir into stew until thickened.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 400 Total Fat: 18g Sat. Fat: 6g Cholest: 80mg Sodium: 580mg Carbs: 34g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 8g Protein: 27g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.