Italian Pasta Casserole Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (13 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- ½ cup water
- 1 ( 3.25 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes. Drain off liquid.
- Stir in next 6 ingredients and cooked pasta. Transfer to a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with pepperoni and cheese.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly.
Makes 8 servings.
Serve with garlic bread and fruit.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 3 and cool; transfer to a gallon freeze bag. Place cheese in a quart freezer bag. Place cheese bag and pepperoni package in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze both bags together. Thaw completely. Preheat oven to 350°F and continue with step 3.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 520 Total Fat: 22g Sat. Fat: 8g Cholest: 55mg Sodium: 1,100mg Carbs: 55g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Protein: 20g