Honey Mustard Pigs in a Blanket Recipe
This fun twist on pigs in a blanket will sure to please any guest from 4 to 90!
- 1½ (8 ounce) containers refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 4-5 slices Cheddar cheese, each cut into 8 rectangles
- 1 (14 ounce) package little smokies (about 36), patted dry
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon poppy seeds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary + sprigs for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Roll out crescent roll dough and separate triangles. Cut each triangle into 3 smaller triangles.
- Brush each triangle with Honey Mustard, using 2 tablespoons. Place a piece of cheese at the long end and top with a smoky. Roll up.
- Place a small serving bowl in the center of baking sheet. Start placing about 15 piggys, side-by-side and about 1 inch away from bowl forming a circle around the bowl. Continue with a second row using about 20 more piggys. Remove bowl and set aside.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together remaining 4 tablespoons Honey Mustard, mayonnaise and chopped rosemary. Transfer to small serving bowl; set aside.
- When piggys are done, using the parchment paper to help, carefully transfer the piggys to a serving platter. Let stand 5 minutes. Using a spatula to help, cafeully remove parchment. Place serving bowl with dip in the center and garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
Makes 8-10 servings.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 2 and sauce in step 4 up to 2 hours ahead. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to bake.