Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders Recipe
- 1 (2 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, cut into 4 sections
- 1 cup reducecd sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 16 Hawaiian slider buns
- 32 thin cucumber slices
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 16 small green olives, optional
- 16 decorative toothpicks, optional
- Slow Cooker
- In a 6-quart or larger multi-cooker, combine pork, broth, 2 teaspoons Onion Onion Seasoning and 2 teaspoons Garlic Garlic Seasoning.
- Set multi-cooker to Pressure Cooker on HIGH for 40 minutes. When pork is done, allow a 10 minute natural release, then continue with a quick release of pressure.
- Remove pork frompot; reserve ¼ cup cooking liquid. Shred pork. Toss with Sweet & Sour Pineapple Sauce, soy sauce, reserved cooking liquid, remaining 1 teaspoon Onion Onion Seasoning and 1 teaspoon Garlic Garlic Seasoning.
- Place cucumber slices on bottom half of buns. Top with pork, onions and top half of buns. Secure olives to top of buns with toothpicks, if desired.
Makes 16 sliders.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 3 up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate, covered. Reheat before starting with step 4.
Slow Cooker Option: Prepare as directed above in a 3-quart or larger slow cooker. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours.
Nutrition per Serving: (does not include olives) Calories: 180 Total Fat: 5g Sat. Fat: 2g Cholest: 50mg Sodium: 370mg Carbs: 20g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 9g Protein: 14g