Ham & Cheese Egg Nests Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated hash brown potatoes (3½ cups)
- 1¾ cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs,beaten
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¾ cup diced ham
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and 1 tablespoon Spinach & Herb Seasoning. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in hash browns, 1 cup cheese and 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt.
- Divide among 1 greased (12-count) muffin pan; press and form into wells creating nests. Bake 10 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, remaining ½ tablespoon Spinach & Herb Seasoning and 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt. Whisk to combine.
- Remove pan from oven. Using a spoon, press and form potatoes into wells as needed. Divide ham and egg mixture among wells. Sprinkle tops with remaining ¾ cup cheese. Continue baking 15-20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with assorted fresh berries and toast.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1 in a gallon freezer bag. Prepare step 3 in a gallon freezer bag. Place cheese in a quart freezer bag. Place ham in a quart freezer bag. Place all bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Preheat oven to 425°F and continue with step 2.
Tip: Crumbled breakfast sausage, crumbled bacon or your favorite sautéed veggies can be substituted for the ham, if desired.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 330 Total Fat: 20g Sat. Fat: 12g Cholest: 245mg Sodium: 860mg Carbs: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 19g