Grilled Veggies with Roasted Red Pepper Dip Recipe
Veggies and dip is a classic appetizer - grilling the veggies adds a delicious new level.
- 2 small zucchini, sliced ½-inch thick lengthwise
- 2 small yellow squash, sliced ½-inch thick lengthwise
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 4 sections, seeds removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 4 sections, seeds removed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons milk, optional
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Divide all vegetables, Sweet Citrus Vinaigrette and oil between 2 (1-gallon) resealable freezer bags. Seal well; toss to coat. Let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from bags (reserve marinade). Place on grill. Grill, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade, until vegetables have grill marks and are crisp-tender, about 8-10 minutes. Let vegetables rest until room temperature; cut peppers into slices.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and Red Bell Pepper Warm Dip Mix; mix until well combined. Thin with milk to desired consistency, if desired. Serve with grilled vegetables.
Makes 12 servings.
Make ahead: Prepare through step 3 up to 1 day head. Refrigerate grilled veggies and dip in separate containers. Serve veggies at room temperature.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Claudineinthekitchen from Best way to eat your veggies!! Took this to a get together and received rave reviews!!
Date published: 2016-06-12