Grilled Strawberry & Pound Cake Kabobs Recipe
Grilling dessert is perfect for any backyard bash - Memorial Day, 4th of July, family picnics, etc.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter, melted and divided
- 24 whole strawberries
- 24 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
- 24 large marshmallows
- Prepare Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix™ according to package directions using water and ¾ cup melted butter. Cool completely.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Cut cake into 24 (1½-inch) cubes. Place cake and strawberries on skewers.
- In microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup melted butter and Creamy Caramel Sauce. Microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds, stirring occasionally, until smooth and bubbly. Lightly brush on skewers.
- Place skewers on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until lightly brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from grill and place marshmallows on skewers. Place back on grill for 15-30 seconds to warm marshmallows, if desired. Remove to a serving platter. Serve with additional caramel sauce, warmed, if desired.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 2. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day ahead. Continue with step 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sheila S from Grilled Strawberry and Poundcake! Easy and perfect for the red, white, and blue cookout parties. How can you go wrong with TS pound cake?
Date published: 2016-05-11