Grilled Shrimp over Spring Orzo Salad Recipe
- 1½ pounds (16-20 count) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime), divided
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- ½ bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, sliced (about 1½ cups sliced)
- 3-4 ounces fresh snow pea pods, trimmed, sliced (about 1½ cups sliced)
- ¼ cup chopped shallots (about 1 small)
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a gallon freezer bag, combine shrimp with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 2 teaspoons Sí Sí Cilantro Seasoning. Seal well; toss to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- In large saucepan, prepare orzo according to al dente package directions, adding asparagus and snap peas to pot the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water until cooled; drain well.
- Transfer pasta and veggies to a large bowl. Add shallots and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 2 teaspoons Sí Sí Cilantro Seasoning. Toss to coat. Salt and pepper as desired. Gently stir in goat cheese (will become creamy if over stirred); set aside.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Remove shrimp from marinade. Discard bag with marinade. Place shrimp on grill. Grill, turning once, until opaque in color and internal temperature reaches 145°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 5-7 minutes. Serve over orzo salad.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 3, omitting goat cheese from salad. Place salad in a gallon freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Continue with step 3 and stir goat cheese into salad.
Wine Pairing: ChardonnayNutrition per Serving: Calories: 330 Total Fat: 14g Sat. Fat: 3g Cholest: 145mg Sodium: 850mg Carbs: 34g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 23g