Grilled Pimento Mac & Cheese Recipe
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimentos, drained
- ¾ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Prepare grill to medium indirect heat. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in microwave-safe bowl, microwave cream cheese on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until smooth when whisked. Whisk in Cheddar Pimento Cheese Ball Mix, then milk and cheese. Continue microwaving and whisking in 30-second intervals until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth, about 60-90 seconds.
- Place cooked pasta and pimentos in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Pour cheese sauce over pasta. In small bowl, toss bread crumbs with melted butter. Sprinkle over pasta.
- Place skillet on indirect heat side of grill. Grill, 20-25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and bread crumbs are lightly browned.
Makes 6 servings.
Alternative Baking Directions: Prepare as directed in a 2-quart casserole dish. Bake at 375°F 20-25 minutes.
Make Ahead: Prepare pasta as directed in step 1. Rinse with cold water and toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Transfer to a gallon freezer bag. Seal well and refrigerate up to 2 days ahead.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 420 Total Fat: 22g Sat. Fat: 14g Cholest: 70mg Sodium: 430mg Carbs: 38g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 14g