Grilled Italian Chicken & Tortellini Recipe
If you’re looking for easy outdoor cooking – you’ve come to the right recipe!
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 6 pieces
- 6 (18x12-inch) pieces heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 12 ounces refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini, thawed if frozen
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- In small bowl, combine first 2 ingredients; set aside.
- Place one chicken breast in the center of each sheet of foil; season with Ultimate Steak Seasoning. Arrange tortellini around chicken; top with tomatoes and olives. Bring together 2 opposite sides of foil; seal edges, making a ½-inch fold. Fold again, allowing space for heat circulation. Fold each side to seal.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. Place packets on grill. Grill, rotating occasionally (do not flip over or juices may be lost), until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 14-18 minutes.
Wine Pairing: Chianti Classico or Sangiovese.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare through step 2. Place foil packets in 2 (1-gallon) freezer bags. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 3.
Nutrition per Serving:
Rated 5 out of 5 by Michelle T from Our family loved this! We have another new favorite in our house! I made this the other night, cooking part of it and freezing the rest for another evening. So easy in the foil pack with little cleanup after dinner. We left the olives out of ours as we aren't fans. Next time, I would like to try this with mushrooms and/or peppers added.
Date published: 2019-06-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by Cookingfor8 from Easy & Delicious! Overall everyone really liked it! The kids weren’t huge fans of the black olives. I also would use more chicken. I could have used some olive oil spray on the foil to keep it from sticking. Also a lot of the juice had leaked out before I put it in the oven so we need to improve our foil packet technique. Very yummy!
Date published: 2018-04-08