Grilled BBQ Chicken Pretzel Pizza Recipe
Grilled pizza is all the craze and it's super delicious. This is a recipe the whole family will love!
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- No-stick cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-low heat. Prepare Salted Pretzel Roll Mix according to package directions through step 1 using water. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onions and Garlic Pepper Seasoning. Sauté until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Place a 24x18-inch piece of foil on a rimless baking sheet (or back side of rimmed); spray foil with cooking spray. Press and roll pretzel dough to an 18x12-inch rectangle. Slide foil off baking sheet onto grill. Grill 6-7 minutes. Remove crust with foil from grill onto baking sheet.
- Carefully turn crust over onto another 24x18-inch piece of foil sprayed with cooking spray; discard first sheet of foil. Brush edges of crust with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with desired amount of salt packet.
- Spread crust with Smoky Bacon BBQ Sauce. Top with chicken, caramelized onions and cheese. Sprinkle with additional Garlic Pepper Seasoning, if desired. Continue grilling 6-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from grill. Let stand 2-3 minutes. Cut into 24 sections. Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead: Prepare step 2 only up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate in a storage container. Continue with step 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Andrea Renee from So good! Had this at my consultants Christam in July party... My friend and I both bought the ingredients for it then and there and are making in it this weekend! So excited
Date published: 2016-08-11