Green Enchilada Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts and/or thighs
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth or stock
- 1 large poblano chile pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Slow Cooker
- Place chicken in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Add next 6 ingredients. Cook on HIGH 5-7 hours or LOW 7-9 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred. Add back to soup. Stir in cheese and sour cream. Continue cooking until cheese is melted.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with low-carb tortilla chips and salsa.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Place first 7 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Multi-Cooker Option: Following directions above, assemble in a 6-quart or larger multi-cooker. Set to Pressure Cooker on HIGH for 15 minutes. When soup is done, do a quick release. Continue with step 2.
Wine Pairing: Rioja
Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 470 Total Fat: 30g Sat. Fat: 14g Cholest: 165mg Sodium: 1,360mg Carbs: 13g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 34g