Go Fish Almond Cupcakes Recipe
Here, fishy fishy! Perfect for baking with kids or birthday parties, these fun cupcakes will be the catch of the day.
- 12 paper cupcake liners
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- 10-12 drops blue food coloring
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 12 pretzel sticks
- White decorating icing
- 12 baked fish-shaped crackers or red fish gummy candies
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place paper liners in a 12-count muffin pan. In large bowl, prepare Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix according to package directions using water and butter.
- Divide batter among paper liners. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, combine frosting and food coloring. Fold in whipped topping; frost cupcakes.
- Place a pretzel stick on each cupcake as a fishing rod. Use white decorating icing to draw a fishing line from the end of each pretzel stick. Gently press a fish-shaped cracker or candy onto the end of the fishing line.