Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookie Mix Preparation Recipe
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened butter*
- 1 large egg**
High altitude: Bake at 350°.
*Lighten it up: Use 3 Tbsp. applesauce instead of the butter; drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
**Egg substitute may be used.
Freeze & bake later:
Roll dough into 21 balls and wrap in plastic. Place in freezer bag; remove air, seal and freeze. When you are ready to bake, remove from freezer, thaw and follow baking directions above.
More Ways to Mix It Up!
- Stir in one of the following:
- 2/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2/3 cup chocolate or peanut butter chips
- For ice cream sandwiches, spread a scoop of vanilla ice cream between 2 cookies. Roll the sides of the sandwich in mini chocolate chips and freeze.
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.