Garden Veggie & Sausage Egg Bake Recipe
- 6 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 (6.9 ounce) package fully-cooked pork breakfast sausage crumbles
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1½ cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Slow Cooker
- In a greased 3.5-quart (13x9-inch) casserole slow cooker or 6-quart oblong slow cooker, layer first 3 ingredients.
- In large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Evenly pour in slow cooker. Continue with step 3 or cover and refrigerate up to overnight.
- Cook on LOW 5-6 hours (do not cook on HIGH), or until egg is set.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Place step 1 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place step 2 ingredients in a gallon freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Alternative Baking Directions: Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare steps 1 and 2 as directed in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake 60-65 minutes or until eggs are set.
Nutrition per Serving:
Calories: 370 Total Fat: 24g Sat. Fat: 12g Cholest: 330mg Sodium: 920mg Carbs: 18g Fiber: <1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 21g