Garden Fresh Chicken Burgers Recipe
- 2 pounds ground chicken or turkey
- 1 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices, optional
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- In large bowl, combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg, 3 tablespoons Garden Guacamole Starter and Garlic Garlic™ Seasoning; salt and pepper to taste. Form into 6 patties.
- Place patties on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine avocado and remaining 4 tablespoons Garden Guacamole Starter; mash to desired consistency. Place burgers on buns. Top with guacamole and lettuce, tomato and onions, if desired.
Makes 6 servings. Serve with Fresh Tomato & Mozzarella Salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare patties through step 2. Place patties in a gallon resealable freezer bag between layers of wax paper. Place peeled and pitted avocado and 4 tablespoons Garden Guacamole Starter in a quart resealable freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon resealable freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Prepare as directed above, mashing avocado in bag.