Fiesta Summer Corn & Zucchini Chowder Recipe
- 6 bacon slices, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1½ pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen fire-roasted corn
- 2-3 medium zucchini, sliced or cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Shredded cheese, sliced chives or green onions, optional
- Slow Cooker
- In 6-quart or larger multi-cooker set to Sear/Sauté and MED/HIGH, sauté bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from pot with slotted spoon and drain on clean paper towels. Set aside.
- Add flour and Onion Onion Seasoning, whisking into bacon drippings until smooth. Whisk in chicken broth. Stir in potatoes, corn, zucchini and Fiesta Party Seasoning.
- Set multi-cooker to Pressure Cooker on HIGH for 7 minutes. When done, do a quick pressure release. Set multi-cooker to Sear/Sauté and HIGH. Stir in cream and bacon; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with cheese and chives, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with Garlic Pepper Parmesan Toast recipe and a green salad.
Tip: Stir in chopped or shredded cooked chicken with the cream and bacon, if desired.
Stovetop Option: In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, prepare step 1 and 2 as directed. Simmer 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cream and bacon. Continue with step 4.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir
Nutrition per Serving: (does not include optional toppings) Calories: 450 Total Fat: 26g Sat. Fat: 13g Cholest: 70mg Sodium: 1,290mg Carbs: 43g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 10g Protein: 10g