Fiesta Pork Tacos Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, cut into 4 sections
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 12-18 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped cilantro
- Slow Cooker
- In a 6-quart or larger multi-cooker, combine salsa and broth. Season roast sections with Fiesta Party Seasoning and place in pot.
- Set multi-cooker to Pressure Cooker on HIGH for 40 minutes. When pork is done, allow a 10 minute natural release, then continue with a quick release of pressure.
- Prepare Giddyup Guacamole Mix according to package directions using water and avocados.
- Remove pork from cooker; drain off liquid. Shred. Serve in warmed tortillas with guacamole. Top with tomatoes, onions and cilantro.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with chips and salsa.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Season pork sections with Fiesta Party Seasoning. Place in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Slow Cooker Option: Prepare as directed above in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Cook on LOW 8-10 hours.
Wine Pairing: Pinot Gris
Nutrition per Serving: (does not include toppings) Calories: 370 Total Fat: 14g Sat. Fat: 2.5g Cholest: 5mg Sodium: 1,360mg Carbs: 52g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 8g