Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 (32 ounce) cartons reduced sodium chicken broth (8 cups)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (such as Make & Freeze Chicken)
- 20 baby carrots, sliced or cubed
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
Recipe for Make & Freeze Chicken
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine first 8 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in noodles and simmer 5-7 minutes or until noodles are tender. Salt and pepper as desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with your favorite crackers.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Combine chicken, carrots, celery, Onion Onion Seasoning, Garlic Garlic Seasoning, pepper and basil in a gallon freezer bag. Place noodles in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.Nutrition per Serving:
Calories: 170 Total Fat: 2.5g Sat. Fat: 0.5g Cholest: 75mg Sodium: 1,060mg Carbs: 14g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 23g