Dilly Turkey Burger Pitas with Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup diced cucumbers
- ¼ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1½ pounds lean ground turkey
- 6 whole pitas, lightly toasted on grill
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Prepare grill to medium heat. In small bowl, combine ½ the Dill Pickle Dip Mix with cucumbers, yogurt and sour cream to create your own tzatziki sauce. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine ground turkey and remaining Dill Pickle Dip Mix. Form into 6 oval patties.
- Place patties on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 8-10 minutes.
- Place burgers on toasted pitas. Top with tzatziki sauce, tomato slices and onion slices.
Makes 6 servings. Serve with celery and carrots.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 2 only. Place patties in a gallon resealable freezer bag between layers of wax paper. Place remaining Dill Pickle Dip Mix in a quart resealable freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon resealable freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Prepare as directed above.