Dilly Pasta Salad Recipe
A beautiful pasta salad with great flavor to add to your table.
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces pasta, prepared
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, drained and chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1½ cups crumbled feta cheese
- In large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; whisk until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients. Toss to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or up to 2 days.
Makes 10 servings.Tip: To make this a main course salad add 3 cups of cooked chicken, turkey or shrimp.
Rated 4 out of 5 by TSSpiceGirl from Super tasty!! But waaaay too much oil Delicious flavor! However, you can use half, or even 1/4 of the oil/vinegar combo. It's swimming in oil. I added sliced black olives instead of the Kalamata. Also, if the flavor of the feta is too strong for you, try cubed fresh mozzarella. Perfect for spring/summer, especially good if you're spending a while at soccer practices and want a cold packed lunch with a little variety.
Date published: 2016-03-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSMomBoss from Great recipe to take to a party! Made this to take this friends house for a party! Used Colby Jack cheese instead of Feta. Love how we can adjust the cheeses, veggies, and proteins to what our family enjoys! I think I'm making this as a hot dish and adding steamed green beans instead of cucumbers with some chicken! Yum!
Date published: 2016-02-13
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mariak from Very tasty This is a very tasty pasta salad. My only suggestion would be much less oil and vinegar....at the bottom of the bowl, when the salad was gone, there was almost a full cup of oil left.
Date published: 2015-09-27