Dill Pickle Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 6 pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped pickles
- 6 slices Havarti or provolone cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce leaves, cucumber slices, tomato slices, optional
- Pound chicken to ½-inch thick; salt and pepper as desired. Place in a gallon freezer bag with oil, vinegar, half the Dill Pickle Dip Mix and Seasoned Salt. Seal well and toss to coat. Refrigerate several hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, chopped pickles and remaining Dill Pickle Dip Mix. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade; salt and pepper as desired. Discard bag with marinade. Place chicken on grill. Grill, turning once, 10-12 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer. Top with cheese.
- Place lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes on toasted buns, if desired. Top with chicken and dill pickle mayonnaise.
Makes 6 servings. Serve with celery and carrot sticks.
Make ahead & freeze: Prepare step 1. Place remaining Dill Pickle Dip Mix in a quart resealable freezer bag. Place both bags in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.