Dark Chocolate Raspberry Bars Recipe
With wholesome oats, dark chocolate, raspberry and coconut, these hearty bars make the perfect afterschool snack.
- 11 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine Packet 1 and butter. Mix with a fork until small crumbles form; stir in coconut. Reserve 1 cup crumbles; press remaining mixture into greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine Packet 2 and 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on HIGH 20-30 seconds. Pour over crust to within ½-1 inch from edges. Sprinkle with ¾ cup chocolate chips and reserved crumbs; press lightly into filling. Bake 26-30 minutes. Bars will be soft and filling will be very hot.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips with coconut oil. Microwave on HIGH 15 seconds; stir and repeat until melted. Drizzle over bars.
- Cool completely before serving.
Makes 16 servings.
Rated 5 out of 5 by tsbygerii from Easy and delicious! I made this several times before with no variations. What was I waiting for?!? The coconut and chocolate were amazing with this. Perhaps next time I may add walnuts.
Date published: 2017-01-14