Creamy Paleo Spinach Herb Chicken Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pinch each salt and pepper
- ½ large, yellow onion, chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms
- 14 oz. (about 5 cups) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos, soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice (optional)
- 2 tsp. arrowroot starch (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. water (optional)
- Spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice (optional)
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken pieces to skillet with salt and pepper. Fry for 3-5 minutes. Turn chicken and add Garlic Garlic Seasoning; continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes, stirring often. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add mushrooms; cook for another 5 minutes, continuing to stir often to ensure even cooking. Add broccoli, broth, coconut milk, Spinach & Herb Seasoning and coconut aminos; stir to blend.
Option 1 (non-Paleo): Add brown rice. Cover and cook until rice and broccoli are cooked, about 15 minutes.
Option 2: Reduce heat to medium-low, continue to cook mixture uncovered for another 10-15 minutes or until broccoli has reached desired doneness. In a small bowl or cup, combine arrowroot starch and water. Slowly drizzle arrowroot mixture into pan, stirring to incorporate. Once sauce thickens, serve immediately over spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice, or serve on its own.