Classy Chocolate Campfire Cupcakes Recipe
Perfect for fall or summertime, these cute little campfire cupcakes will be a hit with all ages.
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 12 muffin paper liners
- 1 (16 ounce) container chocolate frosting
- 4 chocolate-hazelnut rolled wafers
- 12 red and yellow hard candies, such as Jolly Rancher® candies and/or butterscotch discs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions with butter and water. Line 1 (12-count) muffin pan with paper liners. Divide batter among wells; bake 25-30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Break each rolled wafer into 3-4 pieces; arrange on top of cupcakes to resemble firewood.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; place unwrapped hard candies 1-2 inches apart on parchment. Bake 7 minutes or until melted and bubbling. Remove from oven immediately, and quickly swirl colors together using a skewer or toothpick, flicking the outer edges to create pointed edges. Let harden 5-10 minutes; break into small pieces.
- Arrange candy shards on top of cupcakes to resemble flames. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: If desired, serve with mini marshmallows skewered on toothpicks as roasting sticks.