Classic Beef Enchiladas Recipe
Flavorful beef and cheese folded in a tortilla and topped with a delicious sauce and more cheese!
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can + 1 (8 ounce) can no salt added tomato sauce
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Toppings such as sour cream, green onions, sliced black olives
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble beef, onions, Garlic Garlic™ Seasoning and Seasoned Salt until no longer pink; drain off liquid. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine tomato sauces and Mom's Favorite Taco Seasoning. Add 1 cup to meat mixture; stir to combine. Cool slightly. (If preparing remix recipe, reserve ⅔ cup meat mixture). Spread ⅓ cup sauce across the bottom of a greased freezer to oven-safe 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Place about ⅓ cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with 1-2 tablespoons cheese. Tightly roll up and place seam-side-down in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil. Sell well, label and freeze.
- To bake from frozen, preheat oven to 375°F. Remove foil and plastic; replace foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer and cheese is bubbly.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve enchiladas garnished with desired toppings.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with Tex-Mex Beans & Rice.
No Freeze Option: Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare through step 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Continue with step 6.
Nutrition per Serving: (does not include toppings)Calories: 570 Total Fat: 32g Sat. Fat: 16g Cholest: 115mg Sodium: 1,220mg Carbs: 35g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Protein: 33g
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSwithJess from Enchiladas for the win! My family and I loved this recipe and we will absolutely be making it again in the future!
Date published: 2021-03-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by smickeyrn from Quick, easy, crazy delicious First time attempting to make enchiladas and this recipe was a HUGE hit in my house! Quick, simple and full of flavor!!
Date published: 2021-02-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by YourScentsyGirl from Easy and delicious recipe Everyone here loved this meal. Very easy to make and tastes great. Looked like it was restaurant made. I can't wait to have the leftover remix meal (enchilada bowls). I will definitely be having this meal again. No pictures, sorry, we ate them all before thinking about the review lol
Date published: 2018-12-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by SimplyaFanatic from Easy and Delicious Loved this recipe! It was so easy to throw a few things in a pan and bowl, then put them together and bake. The enchiladas tasted amazing.
Date published: 2018-12-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by cakesinlove from Simple & Wonderful As soon as middle teen sat at the table she noted how it was like sitting in a fancy restaurant! The family loved this recipe and asked to add to rotation. It will be on the table once a month or more :)
Date published: 2018-08-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Talia from Soooo good!! So easy and so good!! Yum! And made plenty for left over lunch tomorrow!!
Date published: 2018-01-26