Citrus Salmon & Warm Farro Salad Recipe
Citrus Herb salmon served over a farro salad with sautéed veggies, feta cheese and arugula.
- 1½ cups Italian pearled farro
- 1½ pounds salmon fillets, skin removed
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2-3 cups arugula leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare farro according to package directions. Line a medium baking sheet with aluminum foil. Brush both sides of salmon with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Citrus Herb Seasoning. Place on baking sheet; set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, corn, onion and Garlic Garlic Seasoning. Sauté until veggies are softened and desired doneness, about 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons oil, orange juice, Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, honey and remaining 1 tablespoon Citrus Herb Seasoning. Set aside.
- Place salmon in oven when there's about 10 minutes left on the farro. Bake until internal temperature reaches 145°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Meanwhile, when farro is done, stir in veggies and dressing; toss to coat well. Gently stir in cheese and arugula. Serve topped with salmon.
Makes 6 servings.
Note: Substitute pearled barley or Israeli pearled couscous for the farro, if desired.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 500 Total Fat: 22g Sat. Fat: 4.5g Cholest: 75mg Sodium: 580mg Carbs: 46g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 9g Protein: 31g