Citrus Pineapple Cloud Cake Recipe
Enjoy a sweet slice of paradise with this tropical cake, topped with whipped cream, sweet coconut and macadamia nuts.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- ⅓ cup chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Citrus Glazed Pineapple Cake Mix batter according to package directions using pineapple and egg. Spread batter into a greased 9-inch springform or round cake pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
- Pour whipping cream into a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer on HIGH, whip until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in Citrus Glazed Pineapple Cake Mix Packet 2. Spoon onto cake. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and nuts.
Makes 9 servings.
Tip: To toast coconut and macadamia nuts, spread on a large baking sheet with sides. Bake at 350°F for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ChefAlex from Crowd pleaser!! Made this for my 5th of July celebration and will definitely be making it again. So easy to make, the cake was lite and yummy. Love the way the crushed pineapple caramelizes.
Date published: 2020-07-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by FreelandMom from Heavenly Dessert The reason why this dessert is called Citrus Pineapple CLOUD Cake is because you will think you are in heaven once you take a bite!!! I have now made this for every special occasion with rave reviews and requests for more. It is so super simple and the toasted macadamia and coconut topping is so good.
Date published: 2020-05-14