Citrus Herb Turkey Lettuce Wraps Recipe
These turkey lettuce wraps fit our Cutting Carbs lifestyle are Keto-friendly.
- 1½ pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped fresh button mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 18 Bibb or Butter lettuce leaves
- 1½ ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- In large skillet, heat Avocado Oil over medium-high heat. Add next 6 ingredients. Cook and crumble until turkey is no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together water and arrowroot powder. Stir into skillet, tossing to coat well. Remove from heat.
- Serve in lettuce leaves topped with avocados and tomatoes.
Serve with Ultimate Roasted Carrots recipe or Sautéed Green Beans recipe.
Wine Pairing: Chardonnay
Make Ahead & Freeze: In a gallon freezer bag, combine turkey, mushrooms, spinach, carrots, Citrus Herb Seasoning and Ultimate Steak Seasoning. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 1.
Nutrition per Serving:
Calories: 290 Total Fat: 17g Sat. Fat: 3.5g Cholest: 85mg Sodium: 510mg Carbs: 11g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Protein: 23g
Rated 5 out of 5 by pmessick from Love!! This has become a weeknight staple in our house. Super quick and simple and for a spin we have even transferred into a baking dish, placed mashed cauliflower on top and baked for a little bit in the oven as a healthy Shepard's Pie. Yum!!
Date published: 2020-01-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by GUhler from Delicious I absolutely loved this dish. I cut the carrots into small circles with a mandolin, which gave some nice texture. It is a super fresh recipe that is easy to make and makes great leftovers.
Date published: 2019-06-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by FoodSciGeek from Light, refreshing, and delicious! I made this recipe for the first time. I just chopped up carrots instead of using shredded, but it worked and was still delicious. It was just so light, refreshing, and great on a warm sunny day. And the other bonus, it only took minutes to make! The avocado on the top just added the right touch to finish the wrap. I omitted the tomato simply because I'm not a fan of tomatoes.
Date published: 2019-06-04