Citrus Herb Grilled Romaine Salad Recipe
Grilled dinners call for grilled side dishes – including the salad!
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 heads hearts of Romaine, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Prepare grill to medium heat. In small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup oil, vinegar and 1½ tablespoons Citrus Herb Seasoning. Set aside.
- Brush Romaine halves and tomato halves with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Citrus Herb Seasoning. Place on grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until lettuce and tomatoes are charred, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Cut tomatoes into wedges. Place Romaine halves on salad plates with tomato wedges. Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Nutrition per Serving: (Does not include the cheese)
Calories: 170 Fat: 14g Sat. Fat: 2g Cholest: 0mg Sodium: 440mg Carbs: 12g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 2g
Rated 5 out of 5 by TSwithSamantha from Grilled Salad- yum! There is a restaurant close by that grills romaine lettuce and I thought it was super weird, until I tried it. When I saw that TS had a recipe with Citrus Herb I was like OH YES PLEASE! I added already made Savory Grilled Chicken (cold) to my salad. Quick & easy. And absolutely delicious!
Date published: 2020-05-30