Citrus Herb Chicken with Strawberry Salsa Recipe
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 6 pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 (16 ounce) container fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- ½ bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a gallon freezer bag, combine first 3 ingredients and 1 tablespoon Citrus Herb Seasoning; seal well. Refrigerate 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare grill to medium heat. In large bowl, combine strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, jalapeños and remaining 1 tablespoon Citrus Herb Seasoning. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard bag with marinade. Place chicken on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read food thermometer, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve chicken topped with strawberry salsa and drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Makes 6 servings.
Serve with a green salad.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.Nutrition per Serving: Calories: 260 Total Fat: 10g Sat. Fat: 1.5g Cholest: 85mg Sodium: 390mg Carbs: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 8g Protein: 27g
Always check the labels of ingredients in recipes to confirm they are gluten-free, and ensure your space is free from other possible sources of gluten. Since ingredient formulas can change and vary among other brands, Tastefully Simple cannot ensure that prepared recipes will be gluten-free.