Chipotle Chile Sausage Bites Recipe
A cheesy chipotle sausage mixture baked in mini wonton wrappers. Perfect for bite-size appetizers.
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½-1 (4 ounce) diced mild green chiles, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble pork until no longer pink, about 5-6 minutes. Drain off liquid.
- In large bowl, combine next 4 ingredients. Using an electric mixer, mix on medium until well combined. Add sausage and mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place wonton wrappers in wells of 1 (24 count) mini muffin pan. Fill with sausage mixture. Brush tips of wrappers with oil. Bake 10-12 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.Make Ahead: Prepare through step 2. Transfer to a storage container and refrigerate up to 1 day.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Scrapycat from Spicy Deliciousness I decided to make this appetizer with chorizo instead of the breakfast sausage and I did not have the won tons so I just put the dip in a medium casserole dish and baked. It was spicier with the chorizo but we like it spicy. Served with scoop tortilla chips. Very good!
Date published: 2020-09-05