Chicken & Zucchini Penne Skillet Recipe
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1½ cups 2% milk, warmed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped, optional
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and Onion Onion Seasoning; salt and pepper as desired. Sauté until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini; sauté 2-3 minutes. Stir in pasta, milk and Artichoke & Spinach Warm Dip Mix. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and tomatoes; salt and pepper as desired. Serve immediately. Sauce will thicken upon standing.
Makes 6 servings OR Makes 4 servings + 2 leftover servings.
Serve with Mini Onion Monkey Bread.
Make Ahead & Freeze: Prepare step 1; rinse with cold water and toss with 1 tablespoon oil. Place in a quart freezer bag. Combine step 2 ingredients in a quart freezer bag. Place both bags and unopened Artichoke & Spinach Warm Dip Mix in a gallon freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Continue with step 2.
For remix Chicken & Veggie Soup recipe: Place 2 servings leftover pasta in a storage container. Refrigerate up to 2 days.